Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Kickass Movie Scene List #78: Austin Powers

Today's moment (or Monday's moment, rather... scheduling screwup) comes to us from the first Austin Powers movie. I like the series (though Goldmember is pretty dire), but the first one is a fun spoof on one of my favorite movie series.

The scene that makes the countdown is very unlikely to be whichever one you're thinking of.




Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery - I Also Like to Live Dangerously

Yes, it's a throwaway scene in a movie full of throwaway scenes.

Yes, it's on the list of my one hundred favorite movie scenes.

I don't really know why, but every time I see the blackjack scene, I bust a gut.



1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I love this bit of buffoonery.

    I guess you could say I'm a fan of the series too, if you grant that it's a one-movie series. I thought the second one was fairly dire as well.

    ReplyDelete