Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Kickass Movie Scene List #77: Watchmen

Watchmen is a mess. It's an interesting mess at times, but also a rather complete one. I only read the famed graphic novel that the movie is based on after the fact, and I must say, both have similar faults - just in different directions.

Regardless, I was definitely a fan of one scene in particular.


Watchmen - The Times, They Are a-Changin'

Whatever failings that the entire movie might have, one thing Watchmen does properly is the intro sequence. It perfectly chronicles the rise and inevitable fall of the eponymous costumed vigilantes.

It's crisp and cinematically nice to look at. Plus it has a great Bob Dylan song (though the lyrics could seem a little on the nose, I happen to think it avoids it - your mileage may vary, of course).


2 comments:

  1. Hey, if I hadn't been trying to figure out how to use RSS feeds, I'd have never known you were posting stuff on your blog again (evidently, I subscribed to your blog at one point, then forgot about it). Sheesh, now I have two months' worth of posts to rummage through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't get the feed to work for me

      Delete