Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Year in Music 2011: Top 3's

Various Top 3's.

This is sort of filler, because Top 20 Moments in Music was going to be published today. This is due to the fact that I forgot how many days are in December. I'm smrt.

On with the random, pointless, straight off the top of my head lists.

Spotify, Grooveshark, and YouTube links when I can be arsed to edit them in.

Top 3 Albums I Loved Last Year But Didn't Really Care About This Year

3. Spoon - Transference
I still like this one, I just didn't really listen to it very much this year. It didn't age nearly as well as Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga.

2. Gorillaz - Plastic Beach
Last year, I said that it "grew on me with every listen", and that was definitely the case. This year, I listened to the album in full maybe twice.

1. Best Coast - Crazy For You
I probably saw this coming. She just has a very temporary sound. Now her work with certain U.K.-based indie dance artists, though... that's a matter for a little later this week.

Top 3 Album Covers

3. Washed Out - Within and Without

  
I know it's a photo from a magazine (Cosmo? Some other late-teens girls mag that gives out horrible sex advice?). It doesn't matter, this album cover gives off the exact feeling that the album itself is trying to convey - dreamlike intimacy.









 

2. Cut Copy - Zonoscope