Saturday, January 12, 2008

Go See Juno

Linds and I went to Juno last night, and I enjoyed it thoroughly (though I would have gladly slaughtered the jackasses in the seats behind us, who insisted on loudy making snarky comments through the whole thing). For those of you who are unaware, it's a story about a 16-year old girl who gets pregnant by her best friend and decides to give the baby up for adoption to a rich couple. The whole thing is played very well (expecially Ellen Page as the title character), and all of the characters are easy to love.

One of the little things that impressed me about the movie, though, is the fact that it's maybe the first movie I've seen that's set in Minnesota without making Minnesotans seem like weird people who speak with ridiculous accents. Not a single "ya, sure, you betcha" in sight.

So yeah... please ignore this off-the-cuff not-even-a-review and go see it.

Plus the music rocks for reasons I can't quite acertain. I wouldn't listen to it on its own (though aparently, many would) but in the movie, it's so so quirky and endearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment