Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Kickass Movie Scene List #86: The Ring

Ah, 2002. For maybe five minutes, Japanese horror seemed like a viable thing. Remember The Grudge? Dark Water? The Ring 2? Yeah, all of those movies sucked out loud. The first time I saw The Ring, though, it was a blast of... something. I wasn't quite sure what it was, but it relied on atmosphere for its scares, and that was different than a lot of the horror that seemed to be coming out around its time.

I probably could've picked the ending, since it's a pretty indelible scene. Instead I went with something a little more meta.



The Haunted Tape

The cursed tape is just a jumble of creepy imagery, with no real narrative. Still, the entire thing is unsettling as hell, especially when taken in context with the rest of the movie.

The creepiest part to me was always the 'music' that backs it. It sounds like something straight out of the end of Earthbound. I can't for the life of me tell whether that makes it more or less creepy.

Anyway, there's not a lot more to say.


......seven days....

2 comments:

  1. An impressive share! I've just forwarded this onto a coworker who had been conducting a little homework on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast simply because I stumbled upon it for him... lol. So let me reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending the time to discuss this subject here on your blog.
    Also see my webpage - transfer news soccer premier league

    ReplyDelete
  2. After watching this movie, and this video, I found myself immune to scary movies. After surviving that, there was nothing else.

    ReplyDelete