Monday, August 9, 2010

Upcoming: Klaxons - Surfing the Void

Myths of the Near Future hasn't really aged all that well. "Gravity's Rainbow" is still a great song, as is "It's Not Over"; but "Golden Skans" and "Atlantis to Interzone"... not so much. The first song from Surfing the Void wisely moves in a different direction from the band's previous work. Still, it's not all that amazing.

So why am I devoting any time to mentioning Klaxons? I have to be honest, it's all in the album cover.

IT'S A CAT IN A SPACESUIT.

A cat... in a SPACE SUIT. I will buy the album for this reason alone (well, plus the album sounds like it could be halfway decent).

Before anyone says "well, cats have been photoshopped into everything, it's really not funny anymore - besides, I'm pretty sure I've seen cat-in-spacesuit pictures floating around the internet for the last two years", let me just say this. Screw you, this is awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking for some new music... Maybe I should've been looking for a cat in a space suit instead. How's that for a random comment from a long-lost phriend? :)

    ReplyDelete