Monday, November 19, 2007

SIC (lol)

Remember the Days When Getting Mail Was Fun?

Yeah, so do I... I seem to recall them being days where I didn't get exclusively credit card applications and bills for weeks on end.



"Selling Out is Not Possible"

I always shudder when someone uses the word 'sellout' to describe an musician. The idea strikes me as ridiculous, since the people who say it are (almost) always achieving some method of gainful employment themselves. Would you really go to your job for free/next to nothing if you had the choice of making more money? I can't imagine anyone responding to that question in the affirmative, yet people seem to expect their favorite band to do just that.

Ranting aside, however, Of Montreal's lead singer, Kevin Barnes, has put his opinions on the matter over here at Stereogum. Those few paragraphs sum it up better than I ever could (and in a more informed way, since I don't recall anyone clamouring for my music to be in commercials).

1 comment:

  1. yeah, with my win this week i clinched a 1st round bye. the 2, 3 and 4 teams are pretty good, they just keep beating each other around. I, on the other hand, just keep winning. I've done it with the sure hand of humility this year, instead of my usual smack talking, which makes me feel really good about it as well!

    ReplyDelete